FACTS AND FIGURES
- Net income in 2021 was US$ 6.15 billion.
- Total assets were US$ 78.7 billion at the end of 2021.
- SABIC’s overall production in 2021 was 58 million metric tons.
- SABIC was first conceived in 1976, and began production in 1981.
- SABIC is a market leader in key products such as ethylene, ethylene glycol, methanol, MTBE, polyethylene and engineering plastics and its derivatives.
- Petrochemicals, SABIC’s largest strategic business unit, accounts for the bulk of the company’s total production.
- The Saudi Iron and Steel Company (Hadeed), based in Al-Jubail, is one of the world’s biggest fully-integrated steel producers.
- SABIC Agri-Nutrients Company produces a wide variety of fertilizers – from general to highly specialized.
- Specialties creates value for customers with its unique chemistries and new formulation and application development capabilities.
For more information about particular products please see our Products pages.
SABIC has its headquarters in Riyadh and operates in around 50 countries across the world. SABIC has 66 world-class manufacturing and compounding plants in locations across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
- SABIC has innovation hubs in five key geographies: USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia, North Asia.
- Our Global Application Technology organization develops, on average, around 95 new products every year.
- Backed by 10,090 patents and pending applications.
SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
The protection of human health, safety and the environment is fundamental to operational excellence. For SABIC, EHSS (Environment, Health, Safety, Security) is more than just a priority. EHSS is a core value – a deeply held belief that is a fundamental force driving actions and behaviors, which is not compromised to achieve short-term term goals. We believe it is important not only to meet regulatory requirements, but also to create a culture that goes beyond compliance to one that encourages continuous improvement.
We have a long-term strategic goal to reduce our global EHSS Rate to no more than 0.25 by 2025. Since 2005, our EHSS incident rate has improved by 90 percent.
SUSTAINABILITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL & GOVERNANCE
Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) are at the core of SABIC’s economic value-creation.
SABIC is integrating key ESG factors into the company’s business strategies and ensuring that it follows transparent, robust, complete and value-driven ESG reporting. It has launched an ESG Reporting Steering Committee to advance toward higher levels of excellence in ESG. SABIC invested US$ 33.56 million in various social responsibility programs across 26 countries in 2021
SABIC also supports the urgent call to action of the global partnership to achieve 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for a better world, focusing its efforts on 10 of them where it believes it has the biggest opportunity for impact.
For more information about our dedication to sustainability and ESG, please visit our Sustainability Report.