THIS SITE USES COOKIES

This website uses first and third party cookies (and equivalent technologies) to improve your experience on our site. Necessary cookies ensure that this site functions properly. We also use cookies to analyze how our site performs, understand your preferences and deliver tailored commercial content on this and other sites. For more information about which cookies we use, the information collected and SABIC’s purposes, please see our Cookie Notice. By clicking ‘Accept Cookies’ you agree to the use of such cookies. Alternatively you can manage which cookies are placed on your device by selecting Manage Cookies

SABIC

Home > About > Corporate Profile > SABIC at a glance

SABIC at a Glance

ABOUT SABIC

SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products:  chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals. 

SABIC supports its customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy. 

SABIC recorded a net profit of SR 23 billion (US$ 6.15 billion) in 2021. Sales revenues for 2021 totaled SR 174 billion (US$ 46.6 billion). Total assets stood at SR 318 billion (US$ 84.9 billion) at the end of 2021. Production in 2021 stood at 58 million metric tons.

The company has more than 31,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, SABIC has 10,090 patents and pending applications, and has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia. 

Saudi Aramco owns 70 percent of SABIC shares with the remaining 30 percent publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange.

SABIC IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN

Mono-ethylene glycolPolyether imidePolyethylene
MTBEGranular ureaPolypropylene
PolycarbonateMethanolPolybutylene terephthalate
Engineering plastics and its compounding

STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNITS

STANDALONE ORGANIZATION

TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION

We believe innovation is the key to help our customers improve and grow their business. With over 10,090 global patents and pending applications in 2021, we introduce over 150 new products annually.

Compare up to 4 grades

You already have 4 products for comparison

Compare items