THIS SITE USES COOKIES

The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this - but if you want, you can change your settings at any time at the bottom of this page.Cookie Policy

SABIC ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING APPROVES SR 13.2 BILLION DIVIDENDS

10/04/2019

Home > News & Media > News Archive > SABIC ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING APPROVES SR 13.2 BILLION...

SABIC announced the results of its Ordinary General Assembly Meeting held at its headquarters in Riyadh on April 9, approving the reports of the Board of Directors and the auditors, in addition to the final accounts for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018.

 

Based on the Board recommendation, the meeting approved the distribution of SR 6.6 billion cash dividends for the second half of 2018, at SR 2.20 per share, representing 22% of the nominal share value. The Board of Directors previously approved the distribution of SR 6.6 billion cash dividends for the first half of 2018, at SR 2.20 per share, representing 22% of the nominal share value. The total proposed dividend for 2018 is SR 13.2 billion, at SR 4.4 per share, representing 44% of the nominal value per share. The second half earnings of the shareholders will be paid on April 30.

 

The meeting also approved SR 1.8 million as remuneration for the Board members, at SR 200,000 per member, for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018, and relieved them from any liability within the same period. It also approved, based on the Auditing Committee’s recommendation, assigning and determining the relevant fees for Ernst & Young to scrutinize, audit and validate the financial statements of the second, third and fourth quarters, the whole period of the fiscal year 2019, and the first quarter of 2020.

 

The meeting elected new members of the Board for the next session, beginning from April 10, 2019, for a period of three years ending on April 9, 2022:

 

1. Dr. Abdulaziz Saleh Aljarbou (Chairman, Non-Executive, Government Representative)

2. Yousef Abdullah Al-Benyan (Vice Chairman & CEO, Executive, Government Representative)

3. Rashid Ibrahim Al-Sharif (Non-Executive, Government Representative)

4. Roberto Gualdoni (Non-Executive, Government Representative)

5. Calum MacLean (Non-Executive, Government Representative)

6. Abdullah Mohammed Al-Issa (Non-Executive, in his personal capacity)

7. Dr. Khaled Hamza Nahas (Independent, in his personal capacity)

8. Mohammed Talal Al-Nahas (Independent, representing Al-Ra'idah Investment Company)

9. Nader Ibrahim Al-Wehibi (Independent, representing Hassana Investment Company)

 

The meeting delegated the Board to distribute interim cash dividends (bi-annually or quarterly) for the fiscal year 2019 and determine the eligibility and distribution dates in accordance with the regulatory controls and procedures issued in implementation of the Companies Law, and in line with the company's financial position, its cash flows and its expansion and investment plans.

Compare up to 4 grades

You already have 4 products for comparison

Compare items