OUR INTEGRITY CULTURE
At SABIC, our success is based on a culture of integrity. The Integrity Culture promotes quality and innovation. It also maintains high standards for the environment, health and safety, fair employment, and sustainability. Integrity is at the heart of everything we do.
Our commitment to compliance and Integrity Culture go beyond preventing violations and the associated consequences. Operating with integrity and promoting a company-wide Integrity Culture are the keys to achieving SABIC’s long-term goals.
The backbone of our Integrity Culture is our Code of Ethics. The SABIC Code of Ethics is perfectly aligned with our values. It identifies responsible business conduct and prioritizes corporate integrity. This integrity creates a healthy company culture and business environment. It also attracts investment, which in turn enhances economic growth and international trade. The priority we place on integrity and corporate citizenship is reflected in our commitment to Responsible Care®, the United Nations Global Compact, and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
We are all responsible for abiding by the Code of Ethics and understanding the compliance risks that can impact our jobs. SABIC employees annually acknowledge their understanding of the Code of Ethics and complete trainings on the policies within the Code of Ethics. Employees are responsible for promptly raising concerns regarding integrity or potential Code violations. Failure to do so can adversely affect our company, employees and the communities in which we operate. Every employee is empowered to voice questions and raise concerns through a variety of reporting channels that are available across the company. SABIC respects confidentially and strictly prohibits retaliation of any kind against persons who raise or help address integrity concerns.
As a member of the UN Global Compact, SABIC fully endorses, supports, and adheres to principles promoting awareness and enhancing respect for human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption. Our Integrity Culture earns SABIC global recognition.
Since 2019, we have been awarded consecutive “Compliance Leader Verifications” from the Ethisphere Institute.
- The Ethispere Institute is the global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, and it is the provider of independent verification of corporate ethics and compliance programs.
- Compliance Leader Verification is awarded exclusively to companies with best-in-industry compliance programs that have decided to proactively invest resources in compliance, sending a clear signal to key stakeholders that their company takes compliance and ethics seriously.
- EcoVadis is a provider of business sustainability ratings, intelligence and collaborative performance improvement tools for global supply chains.
- SABIC’s 99th percentile score was based on an assessment of our policies and procedures in four categories – environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement.
- The EcoVadis sustainability assessment is an evaluation of how well a company integrates the principles of Sustainability/CSR into its business and management system.
We welcome your active participation in the promotion of our Integrity Culture!