Cable Management Systems
Cable management is key to any circuitry that runs cables across the electrical system and are classified under conduits, trunkings, cable trays and ducts.
IEC/EN 61386-1, Conduit systems for Cable Management including glow wire flammability index , non-flame propagation, and smoke index - governs material performance in this segment.
Market trends are leading towards Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) systems that meet standards such as VDE 0472, Part 815.
True LSOH products have three criteria and ALL must be met.
• Difficult to ignite and self-extinguishing when the fire source is removed
• Low smoke toxicity, including zero halogen, zero sulphur and zero phosphorous
• Low smoke emission
- Glow wire flammability index 750°C on parts
- Non-flame propagating
- Ease of extrusion and cutting during installation
- Flame and smoke requirement standards are more strict if used in public areas like rail, underground networks, airports, and hospitals and plenum spaces
- Rigid pipe