Switchgears, circuit breakers and relays are typical examples of devices associated with power system protection and control. They play a vital role in modern power system networks, from generation through transmission to distribution end. Depending on the position on the power network, these devices are classified into low, medium and high voltage.
This market is linked to the power network introduction, particularly in developing countries (mainly medium and high voltage) and to the building and infrastructure market (mainly low voltage).
It is a highly regulated market and key trends are system cost-out, higher performance, miniaturization design and more environmentally friendly components in order to deliver safer and more competitive products.
- High mechanical and dielectric strength
- Glow wire flammability index (GWFI 960°C) at very low thickness
- High RTI rating
- High peak temperature resistance for arc chamber
- Fatigue resistance for tripping bars and internal mechanisms
- Ultra high impact for short circuit test
- UL listing : UL746C, UL94-V0, f2 rating
- Non halogenated flame retardant package
- Miniature circuit breakers (MCB)
- Molded case circuit breakers (MCCB)
- Air circuit breakers (ACB)
- Vacuum circuit breakers (VCB)
- Thermal and electromagnetic relays
- Medium voltage switch gears