Caps and Closures
Materials used in the pharmaceutical applications must be compliant with the various industry standards, and offer performance features that can help reduce costs and improve patient’s ease of use. With increasing demand for innovative packaging in this segment and growing concerns about product purity and security, SABIC’s caps and closures portfolio is tailored to be used for optimized, lighter caps, closure and dispensing system designs and processing.
Whether the application requirement is good organoleptic, environmental stress cracking resistance or low-stress whitening, SABIC’s products may deliver the performance needed for caps, closures and dispensing systems. SABIC® PP, PE and ETP products are excellent candidates for use in optimized, lighter caps and closure designs, combined with easy processing.
SABIC SOLUTIONS FOR Caps and Closures PACKAGING POTENTIALLY OFFERS:
- Very good organoleptic properties for highest purity drinks, developed to exclude any unintented taste or smell
- Excellent environmental stress cracking resistance to enhance weight optimization
- Lower temperature processing than many commonly used materials, leading to significant reduction in cycle times and energy consumption
- Good balance of impact strength, stiffness and aesthetics
- Renewable PE & PP materials using a renewable feedstock supporting our customer’s sustainability goals
Caps, closures, lids and dispensing systems for pharmaceuticals and healthcare cosmetics.
SABIC MATERIALS FOR CAPS AND CLOSURE HEALTHCARE APPLICATIONS:
These are just a few examples of SABIC’s materials. For specific product selection, please contact SABIC technical team. You can find SABIC's portfolio offering for caps & closures applications in our brochure under literature.
SABIC® PP POLYMER
High product quality, consistency and a high level of purity.
|PCGH10||IV Bottles, eye drops, Medical Compounding|
|PCGR25||IV Bottles, eye drops, Medical Compounding|
SABIC® HDPE POLYMER PHARMACOPEA
High impact resistance, low warpage, good rigidity, good gloss and fast molding cycles.