Caps & Closures
Our current ‘on-the-go’ lifestyle requires lightweight products that are easy to use. This trend has led to smaller, more convenient packaging. With increasing demand for convenience packaging and growing concerns about product safety and security, SABIC’s portfolio is tailored to be used for optimized, lighter caps and closure designs and processing.
Whether the application requirement is good organoleptic, environmental stress cracking resistance or low-stress whitening, SABIC’s products may deliver the performance needed for caps, closures and dispensing systems. SABIC® PP, PE and ETP products are excellent candidates for use in optimized, lighter caps and closure designs, combined with easy processing.
SABIC SOLUTIONS FOR Caps and Closures PACKAGING POTENTIALLY OFFERS:
- Very good organoleptic properties for highest purity drinks without any unintended taste or smell
- Excellent environmental stress cracking resistance to enhance weight optimization
- Lower temperature processing than many commonly used materials, leading to significant reduction in cycle times and energy consumption
- Good balance of impact strength, stiffness and aesthetics
- Renewable PE & PP materials using a renewable feedstock supporting our customer’s sustainability goals
Non- food packaging applications for:
Personal care, cosmetics, households, chemical and pharmaceutical caps and closures.
SABIC MATERIALS FOR CAPS AND CLOSURE PACKAGING APPLICATIONS:
These are just a few examples of SABIC’s materials. For specific product selection, please contact SABIC technical team. You can find SABIC's portfolio offering for caps & closures applications in our brochure under literature.
SABIC® HDPE MULTIMODAL POLYMER
High Cracking resistance, better followability, lighter packaging, improved tensile and strength.
|B6246LS||UN closures, chemicals|
|CC3054/M300054||Cosmetics overcaps, spouts, compounds for liners|
SABIC® PP IMPACT COPOLYMER
Good flow properties, combining stiffness and good balance in impact strength.
|56M65||General Purpose (Hinged Caps)|
|511MK46||Sprayer, Wide Mouth and Hinged Caps (Short Cycle)|
SABIC® PP QRYSTAL RANDOM POLYMER
Very good transparency, good flow behavior and stiffness
|QR674K||Overcaps, Lids, Cosmetics caps|
|FPC70||Thin Wall Caps|
Please see more in our SABIC Solutions For Caps & Closures.