With increasing mobility enabled by the use of the internet, people need to become more connected than ever before. The need for improved interaction and interface will continue to grow rapidly as electronic devices become smarter, supported by breakthroughs in wireless networks, such as 5G that promises a tremendous gain in digital capacity.
SABIC’s thermomechanical material solutions with excellent dielectric and optical performance were created to address the need for changing technologies in radiofrequency (RF) and infrared (IR) sensors, fiber optics and optical interconnects.
ULTEM™ resin may help automotive OEMs to meet upcoming regulations on collision risk avoidance using Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). EXTEM™ resin, which provides lead-free reflow soldering capability, may help to drive productivity for optical sensor and transceiver manufacturers with the need for IR transmission.
- Balanced dielectric properties
- Excellent dimension stability
- Infrared transmission
- Reflow soldering, lead free, up to 260°C
- Regulatory compliance
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Proximity and gesture recognition sensors
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Fiber optic connectors and adapters
- Splice enclosures
- Optical transceivers