With increasing mobility enabled by the use of the internet, people need to become more connected than ever before. The need for improved interaction and interface will continue to grow rapidly as electronic devices become smarter, supported by breakthroughs in wireless networks, such as 5G that promises a tremendous gain in digital capacity.
SABIC’s thermomechanical material solutions with excellent dielectric and optical performance were created to address the need for changing technologies in radiofrequency (RF) and infrared (IR) sensors, fiber optics and optical interconnects.
ULTEM™ resin may help automotive OEMs to meet upcoming regulations on collision risk avoidance using Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). EXTEM™ resin, which provides lead-free reflow soldering capability, may help to drive productivity for optical sensor and transceiver manufacturers with the need for IR transmission.
SABIC’s flame retardant (FR) ETP resins have enhanced levels of mechanical, optical, electrical and thermal properties. They comply with Underwriter Laboratory testing protocols and offer a wide variety of product options.
- Balanced dielectric properties
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Excellent dimension stability
- Flame retardence
- Infrared transmission
- Reflow soldering, lead free, up to 260°C
- Regulatory compliance
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Fiber optic connectors and adapters
- Optical transceivers
- Proximity and gesture recognition sensors
- Security systems
- Smart home gadgets, toys, watches, phones
- Splice enclosures
- Video entry systems
- Video games
- Virtual reality and assistants